Thursday, January 26, 2012

Better Late Than Never

So sorry I haven't been updating this much. Where did I leave off?
We met with Beth and Martha, the OT and PT gals and they were really nice! They will be doing Paisley's therapies together for better progress. I'm really excited about it!
We visited Dr. Damron (the pediatrician) last Thursday and he sat with us and really listened to all my concerns. He agreed with me that we should get a second opinion and told me to just say the word and he'd have a referral sent to Vanderbilt. He did, however, tell me to call Gammeltoft to see what his next step would be since Paisley is on the highest dose of Topirimate and it isn't working. Gammeltoft said to give it two more weeks and then come in... I can see Vanderbilt in our future.
Paisley's seizures/spasms are about the same, nothing new for us really. She's been extra tired from therapy, but overall pretty happy. Paisley did develop thrush on her tongue, but I notice every little thing right away so I think we got that under control before she even noticed anything.
The genetic doctor called about her results and wants us to come in tomorrow (specifically ALL THREE OF US) to discuss them. I'm pretty scared to be honest, because they said if it was normal they'd call to tell us and schedule for us to come back IN A YEAR. And the weird thing is, when we saw Damron he told us he got the first part of the results and said they were normal. I told him they never called me about it and he said they do a second part, more micro-stuff, and will call after that... and they did. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment