Friday, February 24, 2012

Equip

Today, Paisley got to meet Dr. Trainer, her physical rehab and medicine doctor. I really liked her and we were only there for an hour which including checking in and out for a first time visit is nearly impossible! She got right to the point and is ordering some equipment for Paisley. First of all, we're getting a bathing chair. Right now our bathing situation consists of using a tiny infant bathtub that's very uncomfortable, or Brandon or myself sitting in the shower trying to hold a soapy, slippery baby. Here is the bath chair she's ordering:

Also, she is ordering Paisley a fitted stroller/chair with a tray which will give Paisley a lot more support for playing and will be easier than trying to carry this fat baby in an infant carrier seat when we go out. I'm not sure which model we are getting, but I do know it is going to be pink!



And last but not least, she's ordering Paisley soft wrist splints (which will be pink too, of course!) that will hold  her thumb out for better grasping and will give her wrists support so she won't be so stiff and curled up. One of my big concerns this week is how Paisley has been holding her left arm up to her chest with her fingers curled. I don't want her condition to cause anymore anomalies that she wasn't already born with. It's probably going to take a few months to get everything going with the insurance, but I am so excited to get more help for my baby.

1 comment:

  1. Carleigh saw Dr Trainer for her torticolis! She was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete